Thursday, March 27, 2008

Way More

After reading Eddie and LeeAnne's blog about their ministry in Mexico (http://heartsformexico.blogspot.com), then talking to my mom on the phone, and writing a birthday e-mail to one of my dearest friends, Stacy, I was definitely crying. In sorrow and in so much joy. I am profoundly reminded that the only reason I am crying right now is that I have gotten the chance to love and be loved. Deeply. With endurance. Unconditionally. The reminder of the love I have received and given in this life, however imperfect, has given me a sliver of a view of how crazy huge and inconceivable God's love is for me, for us. And I am truly thankful for that slice of goodness, because it is so hard for me to see the extent of God's love.

"...it isn't just those beautiful moments in the midst of the everyday and mundane; it is also in the tragic and the gut-wrenching moments when we cannot escape the simple fact that there is way more going on around us than we realize."

"Truth is everywhere, and it is available to everyone...For Paul [the writer of several books of the Bible], anyone is capable of speaking truth. Anybody, from any perspective, from any religion, from anywhere...I don't follow Jesus because I think Christianity is the best religion. I follow Jesus because he leads me into ultimate reality. He teaches me to live in tune with how reality is. When Jesus said, 'no one comes to the Father except through me', he was saying that his way, his words, his life is our connection to how things truly are at the deepest level of existence. For Jesus then, the point of religion is to help us connect with ultimate reality, God."

-Rob Bell, in the book Velvet Elvis

Thank you God for life and love. Thank you to you who I get to love and who love me.

No comments: