Monday, July 7, 2008

Espana es muy bonita!

Sad.  One thing I love about this blog site is that it automatically saves your post every couple minutes so you don^have to be an idiot and lose everything you just wrote, but as has been my luck the last week or so with computers and internet, I managed to mess things up anyhow.  So I just deleted 4 fat paragraphs and since it is already 1 am and I have a plane to catch tomorrow, I will give you the summarized version of Spain:

It^s rad.  I climbed.  I picked delectable midget plums on a farm.  I jumped off a sweet waterfall.  I made my ugly Spanish a bit less ugly.  I laid on a beach.  I read some books.  I climbed limestone.  I cartwheeled in the night.  I hung out with some cool Spaniards.  I climbed conglomerate.  I danced the night away.  I celebrated in a teepee.  I climbed my hardest routes ever.  I slept in a cave.  I slept in front of a church.  I slept on the side of a cliff.  I made a 113 Euro phone call to my wonderful mother who continually complained by e-mail that I hadn`t called in so long.   I pulled weeds.  I watched the moon in a giant telescope.  I climbed with Araceli Segarra who is a local climber who just happened to be in the Everest IMAX film.  I dug holes in the ground and made circulos around cilantro. I started a list of things I want to do the next time I come to Spain :).  

I am flying back to Innsbruck, Austria tomorrow (the 8th) and Allie is meeting me there on the 10th when we will embark on a bit more adventuring, hopefully mostly climbing :)  and then on the 29th--less than a month!!--I will be home SSWWWWEEEEETTT home.  And I^m ready for it, especially after traveling solo for a month.  

2 comments:

Geoff/Amy said...

How is the fund raising for YD Adventures going? And how can we help support you?

Bec said...

Now that I'm back in the states I'm really gettng it started. I will be in Bellingham in a couple of weeks. I would love to get together then and tell you my mission and how you can help. I'll connect with you when I get back from visiting my Dad and brother in Alaska in a week or so. Thanks so much for your willingness. I look forward to talking!