Thursday, June 5, 2008

Highlights from Barcelona and prayers

Barcelona is great. So far the highlights have been consistently pleasant weather, warm and suny but not too hot, always a nice sea breeze. Relaxing on the beach yesterday afternoon. On my walk back to town, coming across a rad local band playing in front of the harbor for free. Starting up a conversation with some guys from the US and Austria and hanging out at a park with them and some folks from France, Spain, Austria and slack lining. Super laid back, super fun. Going to the fresh market for breakfast, oogling all the beautiful new produce I've never seen before, sipping a coconut-banana-chocolate fresh fruit smoothy shake thing. Yum.

As I embark on two months of travel I would very much appreciate prayer. Some ideas for you:

Pray that whatever I do, whether in word or deed, that I do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the Father through him (Colossians 3:17)

Pray that I am purposeful and prayerful throughout my days beyond just looking at old buildings and taking pictures: Devote yourself to prayer, being watchful and thankful...be wise in the way you cat toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation always be full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. -Colossians 4:2, 5-6

Pray that I wouldn´t feel too alone or isolated as I travel alone and that I would get the chance to meet and be a friend to other travelers.

Pray that I would learn more about God, about this world, about humanity, about justice, about loving...the things that will help me live fuller, and love God and others better.

Thank you friends! Know also that you are also in my prayers. Let me know if there are specific ways I can pray for you.

No comments: