Friday, August 31, 2007

If you're into prayer and you want a good challenge

I could really use a lot of prayer in the next couple of weeks and months. So if you're a pray-er (as in a person who prays, not the thing that they are praying) or you were thinking of picking up a challenging new hobby, I've got one for you! Some things I would especially love to have prayer for:

  • That I wouldn't have overwhelming fear or stress as I start off in my new surroundings. An awesome woman of God, according to God, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." (Proverbs 31:25)
  • That I would find a church community that is deeply seeking God, and living out their faith in Him in the community. And whether I find a church or not, pray for my endurance and commitment in spending time with God on a regular basis.
  • For good communication with all the teachers I will be working with, and that I would connect with the students in a way that allows us to have fun and learn, and that they would respect me.
  • That my actions would speak louder than my words, so that people might see the love of God through me, especially since my words in German aren't going to be as eloquent as they usually are in English (haha).

I could think of a million more, but there's a start. Thank you sooo much! I sure do need it.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I prayed for you tonight...and I will keep you in my prayers!

May the love of God embrace you; may the peace of Christ enfold you; may the Spirit's presence inspire you.

God bless you in this new journey!

peace,

Megan

Bec said...

Thanks Megan!

Becca